(CNS) -- A basketball coach from Orange County was confirmed by her family to be one of nine people, including ex-NBA star Kobe Bryant, killed in a Calabasas-area helicopter crash Sunday morning.
In a Facebook post, Matthew Mauser, a basketball coach at Harbor Day School in Corona del Mar, said his wife Christina died in the crash.
"My kids and I are devastated. We lost our beautiful wife and mom today in a helicopter crash. Please respect our privacy. Thank you for all the well wishes they mean so much,” Mauser posted.
Christina Mauser previously served as an assistant basketball coach for Harbor Day. She was an assistant coach for Bryant's Mamba Academy team.
The school put out a brief statement saying the campus is in mourning: "Harbor Day School is devastated by the news. We are mourning the loss of members of our community. Our first priority is the well-being of our students. As news is publicized, we will ensure that our support team is made available to assist and counsel our students. We appreciate your patience and understanding."
KOBE BRYANT COVERAGE
• Kobe Bryant, daughter among 9 killed in helicopter crash
• GALLERY: Kobe Bryant through the years
• Gianna Bryant wanted to carry on dad's hoops legacy
• San Diego fans mourn Lakers legend
• Longtime OC baseball coach killed in copter crash
• Grammys open with tribute to Kobe Bryant
• LA mayor responds to Bryant's death
• Celebrities react to Kobe Bryant's death
• Fake video of helicopter crash circulates online
• OC basketball coach among crash victims