SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — San Diego State basketball fans had the chance to reflect on a historic NCAA Tournament run during a celebration at Snapdragon Stadium Saturday evening.
The Aztec aficionados honored the 2022-23 squad for its gutsy Final Four run filled with moments the faithful fans and alumni will cherish for a lifetime.
“Win lose or draw...they by our side we love it. We feel it every day. We’re here and we’re we’re only going up," said Keshad Johnson.
"I pray that someday at a later time...they’ll bring the championship here," Nathan Mensah told ABC 10News on the red carpet.
Below, you'll find ABC 10News' livestream of the team's arrival to Snapdragon Stadium, as well as the beginning of the ceremony. Staffers behind the scenes were honored before the team was introduced. Athletic Director John David Wicker and San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria were among the speakers at the event.
Head coach Brian Dutcher also reflected on the many highlights of this season, while giving fans hope for next year: "We will continue to fight the good fight and try to get back to the big dance work our way to the finals and this time try to find a way to win it," he said.
- Lamont Butler's family, high school coach discuss his legendary shot
- Darrion Trammell's Bay Area family and friends proud of Final Four run
- Aztecs enjoy Fan Fest in downtown Houston ahead of Championship game
- Transfer portal lifts UConn, San Diego State to NCAA final
- SDSU Aztecs fall to Connecticut Huskies 76-59 in NCAA title game