ESCONDIDO, Calif. (KGTV) - Rincon Middle School in Escondido will be closed Thursday as police continue to investigate a threat made against the school.
In a Facebook post Thursday morning, school officials said:
Hello Rincon Families
A social media post containing a threatening message was reported to our school. We are working closely with Police to ensure the safety of all students. In an abundance of caution school is closed for today Thursday march 15. Student safety is our highest priority. We will keep you informed with any information as it becomes available.
Again, school is closed today
In a social media post discovered Wednesday, someone threatened an attack at the school on Thursday.
10News was alerted of the threat from a Facebook post in the Escondido Friends Facebook group. A person in the group shared an image of the threat, which read: "Ima shoot up rincon rincon tomorrow so don't come."
Police told 10News they are taking this threat seriously as they try to determine if it is credible.
Police are also working with the school’s resource officer to track down the person behind the post.
Classes will be back open as usual for Friday, March 16. Additional officers and school counselors will be available to speak with students.
- Olympian HS student arrested, accused of threat
- La Jolla High School student arrested for threatening school shooting
- West Hills HSl student accused of threat that included photo of Lego rifle
- TIMELINE: Threats made against San Diego County schools
- Police investigate threatening messages at Rancho Bernardo High School
- Parents warned of threats to 3 San Diego County schools