CARLSBAD, Calif. (KGTV) - Just steps away from Carlsbad busy outlet shopping will soon be a multi-restaurant food hall in the iconic windmill building.
Nine vendors were announced as occupants of the new food hall inside the Danish-style windmill building at 890 Palomar Airport Rd. The 12,000-square-foot food hall is set to open this summer. In addition to the hall, another 2,000-square-feet of outdoor space will be available, according to The Coast News.
Those vendors already announced include an Asian eatery, gourmet breakfast stop, and artisan grilled cheese sandwich makers:
- Bing Haus - Asian-inspired dessert spot serving cult followed rolled ice cream such as Green Tea, Banana, and Black Sesame;
- Crackheads - A full-service, standalone eatery featuring gourmet breakfast sandwiches and specialty coffee;
- Bread and Cheese Eatery - Gourmet made-from-scratch grilled cheese sandwiches stuffed with gourmet cheeses, meats, and specialty ingredients; will also be serving pineapple smoothies served inside fresh pineapples;
- Cross Street Chicken & Beer - Korean-style fried chicken with a popular brick & mortar on Convoy Street;
- Doughballs Pizza - Made-to-order whole pizzas in a variety of meaty and veggie options;
- Lobster West - New England style staple foods such as Main lobster rolls made with sustainable ingredients;
- Rolled Up - Build-your-own rolled sushi burritos;
- Taco Lady - Gourmet street tacos from the woman behind El Puerto Mexican & Seafood;
- Thai Style Kitchen - Traditional Thai cuisine served from a traveling pop-up food stand
The food hall will also feature traditional bar seating, a communal area for diners to relax and family-friendly games available around the hall.
The windmill building was formerly a T.G.I.Fridays and prior to that, a Pea Soup Andersen’s location.