SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - Friday, June 1 is National Donut Day around the country, a celebration of the delicious morning, noon, or night pastry we've come to love.
Many San Diegans will wake up, grab a cup o' joe and pair it with a delicious donut. Friday, though, you may be able to snag one for free.
If not, there are still plenty of donut shops around San Diego known to shell out the area's best donuts and donut holes.
To help you get your morning off to the right start, here's where you're likely to find some of the best donuts in the region, some of which are even Zagat-worthy shops. Enjoy!
- Donut Bar: 631 B St., San Diego
- The Baked Bear: 4516 Mission Blvd., San Diego
- Donut Panic: 6171 Mission Gorge Rd., #113, San Diego
- Copper Top Coffee and Donuts: 101 W. Washington St., San Diego
- Nomad Donuts: 3102 University Ave., San Diego
- Devil's Dozen Donut Shop: 2001 Kettner Blvd., San Diego
- Frat Boy Donuts: 1380 Garnet Ave., San Diego
- Streetcar Merchants of Fried Chicken, Doughnuts & Coffee: 4002 Lincoln Ave., San Diego
- Stardust Donut Shop: 698 Highway 75, Imperial Beach
- V.G. Donut & Bakery: 106 Aberdeen Dr., Cardiff-by-the-Sea
- Peterson's Donut Corner: 903 S. Escondido Blvd., Escondido
- Mary's Donuts: 8959 Carlton Hills Blvd., Santee