SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — San Diegans have been itching to visit several local theme parks and attractions since they were closed in March due to COVID-19.
Now that California has approved zoos and outdoor museums to reopen under safety guidance, several local spots have announced reopening dates in time for summer. Theme parks are not permitted by counties or statewide to resume business yet, but some parks have already announced reopening dates.
The state's guidance can be found online here.
Visitors may have to reserve their visit, in some cases, and should prepare for physical distancing and facial covering requirements at attractions.
Here's a look at local attractions that have announced when they're reopening:
- Bazaar del Mundo in Old Town
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Sea Life Aquarium at Legoland California
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- USS Midway Museum | Info
- Maritime Museum of San Diego | Info
- (Planned for July 1) SeaWorld San Diego | Info
- Fleet Science Museum | Info
- San Diego Natural History Museum | Info
- The Veterans Museum at Balboa Park | Info
- Living Coast Discovery Center | Info
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps | Info
- Museum of Photographic Arts | Info
- San Diego History Center | Info
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum | Info
- San Diego Museum of Art | Info
- Disneyland Park | Info