SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — San Diego State's new Mission Valley stadium is sure to keep fans full after it opens, revealing eight new vendors bringing local eats to the stadium.
Wednesday, SDSU was set to introduce its first eight vendors being added to its list of traditional stadium foods, including Batch & Box, Best Pizza & Brew, Cali BBQ, The Crack Shack, Everbowl, Gaglione Brothers, Hodad’s, and The Taco Stand.
Officials had released renderings prior to construction revealing a shipping-container style dining area, and special student dining options.
Here's a look at the new food options heading to Aztec Stadium:
- Batch & Box (Del Mar Highlands): Local company baking numerous kinds of cookies, from the classic to the creative. Website
- Best Pizza & Brew (Cardiff, Mira Mesa, Oceanside, Carmel Mountain, Vista): New York-style pizza, sandwiches, and pasta. Website
- Cali BBQ (Spring Valley, San Diego): BBQ dishes including pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, chicken, and classic side dishes. Website
- The Crack Shack (Little Italy, Encinitas): Fried chicken and grilled chicken sandwiches and salads. Website
- Everbowl (several locations throughout San Diego County): "Superfoods" bowls with berries, fruits, nuts, and other nutritious options. Website
- Gaglione Brothers (Midway District, Mission Valley, Petco Park): Local company specializing in cheesesteaks. Website
- Hodad’s (Ocean Beach, San Diego, Petco Park): Longtime San Diego stop for burgers, fries, and onion rings. Website
- The Taco Stand (La Jolla, North Park, San Diego, Encinitas): "Authentic" taqueria with an assortment of tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and more that have made Website
The 35,000-capacity Aztec Stadium broke ground in August of 2020 and is projected to open in September 2022, in time for the Aztec's first football game of the season against the University of Arizona.