A successful app developer was able to give his parents a Christmas gift they won't soon forget: he paid off their mortgage.
The heartwarming gift presentation was captured on video and has been viewed more than 800,000 times on YouTube since it was posted by Joe Riquelme on Christmas Day.
In the video, Riquelme hands his parents a plain white envelope and they burst into tears once they read what's inside. The documents included a payoff statement from Bank of America in addition to a note that read, "Your house is paid off. Merry Xmas. - Joe."
On the note, Riquelme also listed three things his parents had accomplished, with check marks next to each: raising kids, college loans and mortgage.
"Sometimes the best gifts come in the lamest packages. Merry Christmas everyone!" he wrote on Facebook.
More Trending Stories:
- A woman and her dog: 'She really saved my life'
- VIDEO: Baby rhino loves to play with keepers
- Kangaroo not happy with drone
- Monkey resuscitates unconscious friend
- Jack Daniels' names his son Jim Beam
- Loyal dog chases ambulance with owner
- Dog on Roomba will brighten your holidays
- Man hospitalized after chugging eggnog
- Scorpion falls off dress woman is trying on