SAN DIEGO (KGTV)--California ranks 33rd among best and worst states for military retirees, said personal finance website WalletHub Sunday.
Analysts compared 22 key indicators of retirement friendliness toward veterans. The data set ranges from job opportunities for veterans to housing affordability to the quality of VA hospitals.
Here are California's rankings:
- 48th - Veterans per capita
- 3rd - Number of VA health facilities per number of veterans
- 49th - Percent of homeless veterans
- 46th - Veteran job opportunities
- 49th - Housing affordability
- 49th - Number of veteran-owned businesses
- 5th - Number of VA benefits administration facilities per number of veterans
- 48th - Cost of living index
- 9th - Arts, leisure and recreation establishments per capita
- 47th - Percent of population aged 40 and older
The top states for veterans are Florida, Montana, New Hampshire, Wyoming, and South Carolina.