News

Actions

Rattlesnake found in San Marcos man's kitchen bites small dog

Posted: 9:00 PM, Oct 09, 2018
Updated: 2018-10-10 04:22:05Z

SAN MARCOS, Calif. (KGTV) -- A San Marcos man had to rush his small dog to the hospital after the animal was bitten by a rattlesnake that somehow managed to get into the home.

Ross Margolin says he came home to feed his five dogs when he heard the dogs in the other room barking at something.

When he walked into the kitchen, he says he heard the unmistakable rattle. Margolin quickly called a company that specialized in getting snakes out of the house.

The man who came to collect the rattlesnake was able to quickly get the two and a half foot long reptile out of the home. Margolin says he later noticed one of his dogs was bitten by the snake.

Fortunately, Margolin says his dog quickly recovered after being rushed to the animal hospital for treatment. 

Margolin says the snake was able to get into the home through an open sliding door. 

Related Stories: