CHULA VISTA, Calif. (KGTV) — Now that guidance has been issued for playgrounds to reopen in California, Chula Vista says it reopened all of its 50 playgrounds on Friday.
The city said the reopening process for its playgrounds includes guidance for visitors to follow to help curb the spread of the coronavirus:
- Visitors over the age of two need face coverings
- Users should wash and sanitize hands before and after use
- Maintain six-foot distancing from those outside your household
- Caregiver supervision/monitoring required at all times to ensure guidelines are followed
- Follow maximum occupancy rules that are posted at entrance to each playground
Chula Vista says it will implement regular cleaning protocols, but warn that the locations may get a lot of use as they reopen. Visitors should still practice good hand hygiene, social distance, and follow the posted guidance.
The city will post signage reminding visitors of the guidelines as well.
Saturday, the City of San Diego will reopen all of its 289 playgrounds to the public under the issued state guidance.