SAN DIEGO (KGTV) -- Seven people were displaced following a house fire in Mountain View early Saturday morning, according to San Diego Fire-Rescue.
The fire was reported just after 3:30 a.m. on Teak Street near Ocean View Boulevard. Crews quickly responded and were able to get the blaze under control. The home that burned sits on a lot with a second home in front, and the front house was not damaged.
Family and residents of the front house said they believe the fire started from a washer/dryer unit. They also said that they had to pull bars off of a window to help people escape, with those outside pulling and those inside kicking on the bars. Four people were were hurt after climbing through the broken window.
Crews say a total of seven people were displaced and the American Red Cross was called in to help, but family on scene said everyone is okay. They said the hardest part is realizing they lost everything, including Christmas presents that the two little girls who lived in the burned home had just unwrapped the day before.
The family started a GoFundMe to raise money following the fire.