SAN DIEGO (KGTV) -- You've probably already noticed more people at the beaches as the weather warms up. With an increase in tourism, city officials are reminding residents and tourists about parking rules.
With record-breaking crowds expected this year, parking near beaches will likely be packed.
Before you head to the shores of San Diego, it’s a good idea to review parking rules to avoid getting a ticket.
Check out the list of rules below:
- Unloading in red zones is prohibited
- Pedestrians can’t occupy parking spaces in a public parking lot to save or claim a parking spot without a vehicle
- No barbecues, tables, or chairs are allowed in parking stalls
- No double parking is allowed
- Plan to arrive early
- RVs cannot park in multiple marked parking stalls
To report illegal parking in your neighborhood, call (619) 531-2000.