SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - The Coronado Police Department released an image Monday of a vehicle that may be related to BB gun incidents in Coronado Sunday.
10news has learned five people were struck in the downtown area. Police spent the morning scouring the ground near State Street and West Broadway. An officer told 10news four people were crossing State Street late Saturday night or early Sunday evening when three of them were hit. The extent of their injuries are unknown.
At the corner of L Street and Sixth Avenue in the East Village, a woman was shot in the arm early Sunday morning, according to San Diego Police. She was walking in a small group and one of the men was an exhibitor at Comic Con, staying at the Omni Hotel, where they were headed before the shooting.
The early morning shooting was not the only one that occurred overnight. In National City and Paradise Hills, at least a dozen cars were hit, and in Coronado, police said at least 23 businesses, homes an cars were struck by BBs.
10news brought the image of a white sedan released by Coronado Police to Roman Beck, who has worked as an accident reconstruction expert for two decades.
"I believe it's a 2005 to 2010 Chrysler 300 sedan. It has the front, passenger and rear windows scrunched and a flattened roofline, along with similar roof structures and a flare around the wheelwell," said Beck.
Coronado Police are asking anyone with surveillance cameras to check Sunday, July 21 from 1:30 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. Anyone with any information is asked to call (619) 522-7350.
- June 24th – Numerous vehicle windows were vandalized in the Point Loma, Ocean Beach and Mission Hills neighborhoods.
- July 1st and July 2nd - Three businesses in the Hillcrest neighborhood were vandalized.
- July 2nd - Two businesses in the Park West neighborhood were vandalized.
- July 2nd and July 3rd – Numerous vehicle windows were vandalized in the Clairemont neighborhood.
- July 6th - Three businesses and one vehicle were vandalized in the Midway area. A dark colored SUV is suspected in these cases.
- July 7th - Five businesses in the College area were vandalized.
- July 8th - One home in the Lake Murray neighborhood was vandalized.
- July 21 - A woman was shot in the arm with a BB gun L Street and Sixth Avenue
- July 21 - Nearly two dozen businesses, homes and cars hit throughout Coronado
- July 21 - Eight cars damaged on the 5800 block of Altamont Drive
- July 21 - Four cars damaged near East Plaza Blvd and Olive in National City
According to California law, negligent discharge of a BB gun resulting in injury could mean up to a year in jail.
Police from the corresponding agencies are working on these cases. If you have any information or surveillance video, please contact your local department.