SAN DIEGO - Laissez les bons temps rouler!
In other words, "let the good times roll!" The battle cry of Mardi Gras will surely be heard throughout the night at San Diego's 23rd annual "Fat Tuesday" celebration tonight.
If you're one of the thousands of people planning to line the sidewalks of the Gaslamp Quarter for the parade and festivities throughout the night, here's what you need to know:
LOCATION: The event will take place within a gated event from 4th, 5th, and 6th Avenue at Broadway down to 4th, 5th, and 6th Ave. at Market Street.
The main entrance is at 4th Ave. and E St. The exit and reentry gate is located at 5th and Market St.
EVENT TIME: 5 p.m. to midnight.
TICKET PRICES: Prices reflect day of event admission. (Feb. 28)
- General admission today is $40. VIP admission is $95.
- Military GA is $30 and VIP is $80.
- Food and drink, and add-on packages are also available. More ticket information.
LINEUP: Headliners will be stationed at various stages throughout the event.
- King Club stage (6th and F St.): DJ Diva Danielle (5 p.m.), Hotfire (6 p.m.), DJ Ideal (7 p.m.), Boys Don't Disco (8 p.m.), Ciress w/ Bakes (9 p.m.), Contrvbvnd (10 p.m.), Diamond Pistols (10:30 p.m.
- Krewe de Vieux stage (6th and G St.): Baile Do Victinho (5 p.m.). Eric Medina (6:30 p.m.), Hickies and Dry Humps (8 p.m.), Warren G (10:30 p.m.)
- Voodoo VIP stage (5th and E st.): Josh Taylor (5 p.m.), DJ Byrd (6 p.m.), John Joseph (7 p.m.), Carbon Street (9 p.m.), Vin3r (10 p.m.)
- Canal stage (5th, between G st. and Market St.): Wolf Alexander (5 p.m.), Christopher London (6 p.m.), DJ Kurty (8 p.m.), DJ Yodah (10 p.m.)
MTS recommends riders take:
- Blue and Orange trolley lines to 5th Ave. station.
- Green Line to Gaslamp Quarter station.
- Rapid 125 bus from San Diego State University to Broadway and 4th Ave.
- Rapid 235 bus from Escondido to Broadway and 4th Ave.
Pedicabs will be available throughout the event to provide a lift around downtown.
Uber is offering a 20% discount off your ride when coupon code "MARDIGRAS20" is used.
Parking is available at Horton Plaza's parking garage (entrances on 4th Ave. and on G St.), though will not be enough to accommodate everyone attending. More information.
LEAVING THE EVENT:
- The last Rapid 235 bus departs just after 10 p.m.
- The last Rapid 215 bus to SDSU leaves just after 1 a.m.
- The last trolley leaves just after 12:20 a.m.
WHAT TO DO: Obviously, catch the Fat Tuesday parade! Confetti, performances, music, and and floats will travel down the Gaslamp Quarter in a wild Mardi Gras celebration.
And, of course, with four stages each packed with their own musical lineups there are concerts around every turn to catch.
A list of participating restaurants and bars within the event area will offer drink specials throughout the night as well. More information on specials.
Above all, it goes without saying to be safe, and designate a driver to and from the event. Taxis and rider sharing is available if you or your friends need a lift.
"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"