SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - 40 California Department of Motor Vehicle offices, including three in San Diego County, will offer limited Saturday service starting in June.
The Chula Vista, Poway and San Marcos offices will be open June 16 and 23, then transition to first and third Saturday of each month in July. DMV customers can get services, except for behind-the-wheel exams, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday appointments can be scheduled up to 90 days in advance using the DMV’s website or calling 800-777-0133.
Many DMV services are available online without a visit to the office, including:
- Driver license and ID card renewal
- Registration suspension fee payment
- Notice of transfer and release of liability completion
- Ordering personalized license plates
- Adding or removing an affidavit of non-use from a vehicle on your record
- Requesting a driver or vehicle record
Customers who are renewing their vehicle registration can use the DMV Now self-service terminal, which prints a new registration card and license plate tag. Those kiosks are available at DMV field offices, UC Irvine, and 39 grocery stores.