(KGTV) - Fact: students with involved parents, no matter their income or background, are more likely to:
- Earn higher grades and test scores, and enroll in higher-level programs
- Be promoted, pass their classes and earn credits
- Attend school regularly
- Have better social skills, show improved behavior and adapt well to school
- Graduate and go on to post-secondary education
Is your child in a position to succeed? Are you in a position to help? Much of what you need for a positive start to the school year is available online, if you know where to look. 10News has done the navigation for you and put together this web guide for your district.
Ed-Data provides you with interactive, at-a-glance information about your district, including:
- Student Demographics
- Student Performance
- Local Revenue
- Financial Data
School Directory/District Maps
- Click here for a list of schools in the district
- New to the district? Click here to find registration information.
Bell Times/Bus Information
When does school start? When do classes end? And when does the bus show up? Here are the links you need, including how to get in touch with the Transportation Department.
- Click here for the most recently posted menus for breakfast, lunch, and snack options for each grade level.
- Click here for nutrition services information and FAQs, such as making special dietary requests.
Click here for the District's main parent resource page. Turn to this website for information about important district forms, engagement opportunities, and parent FAQs.
Is your school showing academic progress? How much is the district paying its administrators? How many discipline problems are there in the classroom? 10News has collected the data to help hold your district accountable.
The Board of Education provides policy and financial oversight for the district.