COMPTON, Calif. (KGTV) -- The 24-year-old Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputy shot in an ambush-style attack last week has been released from the hospital, the department said.
“Great news, one of those deputies was released from the hospital today. He has a long road ahead for recovery. But he's not alone. We, as a community, are in this together,” Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Wednesday evening.
The department had no update on the condition of the 31-year-old female deputy and mother of a 6-year-old who was also shot.
The deputies were shot on September 12 while sitting inside their patrol vehicle at the Metro Blue Line Station in Compton.
Authorities in LA said both deputies were rushed to the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds.
Video shows the suspect approaching the deputies from behind the vehicle before walking along the passenger side, raising a pistol, and opening on fire.
The shooting also sparked a protest outside the hospital where the deputies were taken. Authorities said on Twitter that demonstrators shouted “we hope they die.”
No suspect has been identified in the attack. A $100,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the arrest of the suspect.
A GoFundMe page set up for the two deputies had raised $531,428 toward the page's new goal of $750,000 as of late Wednesday morning.
City News Service contributed to this report.