SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - Anyone who misses out on tonight's massive St. Patrick's Day celebration in downtown San Diego will be left green with envy.
The 23rd annual San Diego ShamROCK celebration will turn the city's Gaslamp Quarter into an Irish-themed block party with tens of thousands expected to attend.
Entrance to the party is located at Fifth Avenue and G Street. Three stages of non-stop music will fill the air from 6 p.m. to midnight, all while attendees enjoy some green beer from a 100-foot bar. (Needless to say, the event is 21-years-old and over.)
There's still time to grab tickets to the event (even if they're day-of prices.):
- $50 for general admission
- $40 for general admission with military discount
- $110 for VIP
- $90 for VIP with military discount
- Add $15 to upgrade ticket to ShamROCK Fluxx after-party.
- Add $10 for pre-purchased parking at Horton Plaza.
While your there, be sure to visit all three stages of live music. There's something for everyone:
- Black Irish Texas
- The McNaughstys
- Drunken Lullabies
- Brick Top Blaggers
- Down's Family
- Styles & Complete
- Ayla Simone
- Kid Conrad
- Cheyenne Giles
- Brett Bodley
Traffic is sure to be a nightmare for those not attending the event but traveling through the area. For those of you, be aware of street closures and likely delays surround the event space.
- F Street from 5th and 7th avenues will be closed
- 6th Ave. between E and G streets will be closed
The Metropolitan Transit System will also offer late-night trolley from the event. Here are the final departures to catch when leaving the party.
- Blue Line trolley to San Ysidro leaves Fifth Avenue Station at 12:23 a.m.
- Orange Line trolley to El Cajon leaves Fifth Avenue at 12:26 a.m.
- Green Line trolley to San Diego State University leaves Gaslamp Station at 12:30 p.m.
Uber is also offering a coupon code for users. Use "SHAMROCK20" to get a 20 percent discount off of your ride. Some restrictions, though: drop off or pickup must be in the Gaslamp Quarter and rides are valid from 2 p.m. - 5 a.m.
Or maybe you'll be lucky enough to find a taxi.
While the bash is all about celebrating, there's also a purpose. Proceeds from the event benefit the Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation, which supports the preservation of the quarter's history and culture.
There's plenty of more information over on ShamROCK's website, here.