(KGTV) - Now's the time, San Diego. There are only two more days to visit the San Diego County Fair this season.
There's still plenty to check out.
Exhibits featuring local students' work in the classroom are on display through the end of the fair. Check out art, photography, robotics, fashion, and other creations from around the region. Gem and woodwork fans traditionally flock to the fair's woodworking and mineral exhibits, featuring crafts and locally made works of art. Exhibits also feature works in competition for cash and winning ribbons.
Of course, the food at the fair can't be missed, with newly created treats such as the ice cream chicken sandwich from Chicken Charlie's. There are also the rides, more than 80 featured, that are wildly popular. Maybe wait a bit after you eat, however, to take a spin.
MORE SD FAIR FUN:
- Parking at the San Diego County Fair
- San Diego County Fair ticket info
- Fair freebies & deals
- What's new at the Fair
On July 4, in addition to a firework spectacular, guests will have the chance to hear two heroes speak. At the Heineken Grandstand Stage at 7 p.m., Ray Chavez, the oldest living Pearl Harbor survivor, and retired NYFD Lt. Joe Torrillo, who was one of the first responders to the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, will give two inspiring speeches.
Chavez, now 105-years-old, served as on a minesweeper Navy ship during the attack on Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941. Torrillo was one of the first people to the scene of the World Trade Center attack in 2001 and survived being buried in the rubble of the collapsed structures.
Here's a look at some of the performances to catch now until the fair closes shop for the season:
- Allegro Classical Music and Arts Festival at Showcase Stage at 10:30 a.m.
- Halfblood performs at Coors Light Rock on Stage at 11:30 a.m.
- Tom Griesgraber performs at the O'Brien Stage at 12 p.m.
- Kharmaman performs at the Paddock Stage at 12:30 p.m.
- Monster Trucks and Jr. Outlaw Sprints at Del Mar Arena at 1 p.m.
- Fly Like Venus performs at Coors Light Rock on Stage at 1:30 p.m.
- Benedetti & Svoboda Guitar Duo perform at the Paddock Stage at 3 p.m.
- Master hypnotist Mark Yuzuik performs at Showcase Stage at 5 p.m.
- Rattz performs at Coors Light Rock on Stage at 6 p.m.
- War with Milo performs at Heineken Grandstand Stage at 7 p.m.
- Scotty Mac Band performs at the Paddock Stage at 9 p.m.
- The Gorgeous Boyscouts perform at the Plaza Stage at 9:30 p.m.
- Baton Twirling USA at the Showcase Stage at 11 a.m.
- World Pro Wrestling at the Paddock Stage at 12 p.m.
- Sarah Elizabeth performs at the Showcase Stage at 12:30 p.m.
- Hometown Heroes parade down the Avenue of the Palms at 1 p.m.
- Most Patriotic Costume contest at the contest corral 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- San Diego County Fair Performing Troupe at the Fiesta Stage at 3 p.m.
- Monster Trucks and Jr. Outlaw Sprints at Del Mar Arena at 5 p.m.
- World Memorial Guest Speakers speak at Heineken Grandstand Stage at 7 p.m.
- The Frog X Parachute team will leap at 7 p.m.
- 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing Band performs at Heineken Grandstand Stage at 7:45 p.m.
- Ivan and the Parasol performs at Paddock Stage at 8 p.m.
- Fireworks at Heineken Grandstand Stage at 9 p.m.
- Anjelah Johnson performs at Heineken Grandstand Stage at 9:30 p.m.
For more information, visit the San Diego County Fair's website here.