(KGTV) - AAA is looking for a few good agents. Well, likely more than a few.
The auto insurance company is hiring travel agents for its AAA Club Alliance wing. Employees would be able to work from home as a part of the agency's New Jersey call center. Calls would also be incoming, so no cold calling.
Travel agent candidates are being sought in 22 states, including California.
Those hired, however, must attend a five- to eight-week training program in New Jersey. But it could be worth it.
The position pays $17 an hour and including nearly four weeks of paid vacation over the first year, travel discounts, and tuition reimbursement. Here's a full listing of the job requirements:
- Assisting customers with various AAA travel product questions
- Fielding all calls for the retail offices when their lines are full
- Meeting sales quotas for preferred airlines and vendors
- Staying in the loop on internet travel sales trends and tools to book travel
- Operating airline reservation and booking systems
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma
- A flexible schedule within a 24/7 operation (overtime may be required during peak periods)
- Demonstrated sales and customer support knowledge
- Travel school accreditation with 18 months experience preferred
- 401(k) with 7% match
- About four weeks paid time off in the first year (plus paid holidays)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and paid training
- Travel discounts
- Complimentary AAA Premier membership
Anyone interested can apply online at AAA Club Alliance here.