It’s that time when San Diegans start to focus on a healthy start to the New Year.
Regardless of what resolutions you make, the goal is to make positive changes.
Although a popular choice like living healthier through the year is great, how can you do that?
If you have a plan, and a coach or support from someone you trust, it makes success that much easier.
Regular exercise. Drinking more water. Adding fresh fruits and whole grains can keep your body healthy. Making sure you get your flu shot and knowing your numbers!
Whether it’s eating healthy, adopting a pet or getting out in your community there is something out there for you!
- • Get more exercise in by hiking trails at our County parks .
- • Get a new furry family member and adopt a pet from Animal Services .
- • Trying to eat healthier? Visit a certified farmers market .
What are some simple steps to take that will help you get moving in the right direction?
Checking your mental health is equally important. Taking time to relax, reducing stress or beginning your day with easy meditation techniques.
NAMI San Diego has some great APPS available for free download that have guided meditations, helpful resources, education and more. Available on iOS, Android and Windows platforms, oscER will give you information, resources and peace of mind.
YMCA of San Diego County is a proud Live Well partner helping families thrive every day with our focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
The YMCA is much more than a gym or a pool. And while they ARE so much more than a gym, NOW is a great time to join the Y and work on your resolutions!
January is FREE when you join in the New Year.
The YMCA offers a variety of tools to support individuals health & wellness goals.
- • KickStart program- a personalized wellness plan to get you started
- • Free Child Watch and Kids Club during workouts
- • Over 100 free group exercise classes throughout our locations
- • Indoor and outdoor swimming pools for lap swimming, aquatic classes
- • State-of-the-art fitness centers
- • Workshops, seminars and health screenings
- • Build friendships, strengthen your body, your relationships and so much more.
For more details or to locate a YMCA near you, visit ymca.org.
There are a lot of ways to Live Well San Diego. Make it a great year!