SAN DIEGO (KGTV) -- Celebrating the Chinese New Year on February 5? A new survey shows which Chinese restaurants are most popular in San Diego.
The report by Grubhub digs through local order data to compile a list of popular orders during last year’s Chinese New Year as well as San Diego’s favorite spots to order from.
To come up with the most popular orders, Grubhub looked at last year’s data compared to Fridays in February.
Check out the most popular foods below:
- Shrimp chow mein: 93% more popular
- Vegetable chow mein: 79% more popular
- Chicken dumpling: 61% more popular
- Kung pao beef : 61% more popular
- Shrimp lo mein : 61% more popular
The list below shows San Diego’s favorite Chinese restaurants, according to Grubhub:
1. Wei Wei Asian Express, 6465 University Ave, San Diego, CA 92115
Popular dishes at Wei Wei Asian Express include the restaurant's orange chicken, salt and pepper chicken and honey walnut shrimp, according to Yelp .
2. City Dragon, 2885 El Cajon Blvd #C, San Diego, CA 92104
According to their website, City Dragon is a "family owned and operated homecooked style Chinese Restaurant." The restaurant is located in a small corner of North Park.
3. Asia Wok 2, 342 Euclid Ave Ste 405, San Diego, CA 92114
According to Yelp reviews , Asia Wok's popular menu items include orange chicken, teriyaki chicken and pepper wings.
4. Chin's Szechwan Rancho Bernardo, 15721 Bernardo Heights Pkwy, San Diego, CA 92128
Top menu items include ku ting chicken, cream cheese wontons and honey walnut shrimp, according to Yelp reviews.
5. Szechuan House, 9323 Mira Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92126
According to Yelp reviews, some of the most popular dishes include honey walnut shrimp, cream cheese wontons and egg drop soup.