SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - Bringing the entire family out for a day at the fair can get expensive. That's why the San Diego County Fair has set up some sweet deals for families.
The biggest deal offered is the fair's season pass, which gives guests admission on all 26 days for $28. Which means the savings start of day two for adults and day three for children and seniors.
One discount many locals expect every year is right at the checkout line. Albertsons and Vons grocery stores will sell discounted tickets at $15 for adults and $11 for seniors and children. Customers must have a minimum purchase of $10.
The grocery stores are also selling tickets for $5 fair days, which are held on June 1, June 2, and June 6.
The Passport to Savings book also includes a free return ticket to the fair. The coupon books sell for $4 ahead of time and $5 regularly, and include an array of coupons to use inside and outside the fair.
And of course, the fair's Pay One Price Ride Days returns, offering unlimited rides for a flat rate on June 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, and 27-28.
There are a number of other ways to save on tickets:
- Military discounts: June 1 is Military Free Day, where military ID holders can get two free tickets at base ticket offices. Military tickets will be available for purchase at bases starting May 2.
- Public transit discounts: Buy a fair package for round-trip travel and admission to the fair.
- Sweet 16 Day: If it's your 16th birthday on June 16, present your photo identification at the gate and get free admission for that day. Only valid on June 16.
- Read for free: Print out the fair's reading certificate and read 10 age-appropriate books. Have the certificate verified by a teacher or librarian and you get free entry for a day.
- Group sales: Discounts for bulk ticket sales will be offered for admission, and wine, beer, and cocktail festivals.
- Kids Day: Kids 12 years or younger get free admission every Friday of the fair (June 1. 8, 15, 22, and 29.)
- Groupon Skip-the-Line: Groupon is selling skip-the-line single-day admission tickets.
- Two for One adult tickets: Pick up the two for one coupon at Toyota dealerships for two adult tickets for the price of one on weekday admission.
- State employee admission: State civil service employees can get two $6 admission tickets on June 8, 15, and 22 by showing their employee ID or paystub.
- Foster Kids Day: Bring a donation of new clothing or cash and receiving free admission between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on June 7.
- Two free adult tickets: Get two free adult tickets when you spend $75 or more on parts or services at a Toyota dealership.
- Weekday admission: Get two adult tickets for $26 by visiting O'Reilly's Auto Parts stores.
- School Staff Appreciation Days: Get four free tickets at any San Diego County Mission Federal Credit Union when presenting a school employment ID. Staff Appreciation Days are June 15, 22, and 29.
- College Day: College students get admission for $10 and ride sheet packages for $25 with a valid college ID on June 8.
- Unemployment Day: Get two free tickets on June 13 when presenting a valid EDD debit card or form dated after July 1, 2017.
You can save on rides and food as well:
- Admission and ride packages: Starting at $76.99 and sold at Costco Wholesale stores. Includes parking, admission for four, ride coupons, drink coupons, and a Passport to Savings voucher.
- Pre-concert tailgate party tickets: Offered for Kansas, Little Big Town, The Fray, and Gabriel Iglesias shows. Includes preferred parking and entry into drawing for two seats to the Toyota Summer Concert show that night.
- Taste of the Fair: Thursdays from 12 p.m. and 5 p.m., guests can get taster-sized portions of fair food favorites for $3.
- Kids meal deal: Select food booths will offer kids meals for $5.99 or less.
- Sunday concerts: Save $10 on a reserved concert seat and fair admission for Sunday Dia de la Familia concerts. Coupons available at Metro PCS stores.
For more information on fair discounts and terms, visit their website.