DEL MAR, Calif. (KGTV) — The Del Mar Fairgrounds will bring back its frightful Scream Zone event this year as a drive-thru experience.
This year's Scream Zone will take place across 23 days between Oct. 1 to 31 and invite families to drive through the fairground's setup of scares. The event will feature several themed zones, including:
- A "Conjuring" row filled with paranormal frights,
- A "Dead End Truck Stop" with nightmarish locals,
- The intersection of Horror Icon Way and Nightmare on Elm Street with Freddy, Jason, and Chucky,
- A horrifying "Clown Alley" with Pennywise, Poltergeist, and more, and
- A spine-tingling drive down Fury Road to leave
To comply with coronavirus restrictions, families will be required to stay in their vehicles as they weave through the mile-long course filled with zombies, clowns, and monsters.
Tickets will run $45 for a standard vehicle with four passengers and $60 for five or more on Sundays through Thursdays. Friday and Saturday tickets will cost $55 for vehicle with four passengers and $70 for vehicles with five or more passengers.
On opening night Oct. 1, a special of $25 for any amount of passengers will be offered.
The event will be held Thursdays through Sundays, Oct. 1-4 and Oct. 8-11; Wednesdays through Sundays: Oct. 14-18 and Oct. 21-25; and Tuesday through Saturday: Oct. 27-31. On Fridays and Saturdays, the Scream Zone will be open from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m., and until 10 p.m. on Sundays through Thursdays.
Tickets can be purchased online.