SAN DIEGO (KGTV) -- Firefighters say a broken air conditioner caused a fire on the roof of a downtown San Diego building Monday afternoon.
According to crews, the fire broke out on the 3500 block of California Street around 3 p.m. When firefighters arrived on scene, smoke and flames were spotted on the roof.
Crews said the building is vacant, but there is a homeless camp on the roof. No one was injured during the blaze.
San Diego Fire and Rescue find a homeless camp on fire on the roof of a vacant building on California Street. A second alarm has been cancelled pic.twitter.com/SYLPsk3MmD
— 10news newstracker (@CreightonGinny) July 2, 2018