(KGTV) - The Miramar Airshow takes to the skies this September, drawing thousands of locals out to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.
Security will be on hand to ensure attendees have a safe time, which includes making sure prohibited items are kept out of the show.
- MCAS Miramar Airshow salutes Vietnamveterans
- What to see at the MCAS Miramar Airshow
- MCAS Miramar Airshow directions, parking, maps
Guests are reminded to only use clear bags to carry belongings and that no cooler or ice chests will be allowed into the show.
The airshow also prohibits:
- Weapons of any kind (regardless of permit), including but not limited to firearms, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), replica or toy weapons, pepper spray, mace, stun guns, and martial arts weapons,
- Outside alcoholic beverages,
- Pets, other than service animals,
- Glass containers,
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, (kick and electric) scooters, skateboards, or hover boards,
- Personal drones (quad or hex copters) and they are not allowed to operate on federal property or airspace,
- Lasers or laser pointers, or
- Federally banned substances such as illicit narcotics.
Tents or awnings will also not be allowed into the event. Tailgating is also prohibited.
Guests will be required to present photo identification and are allowed to bring in:
- Keys, makeup, feminine products, comb, phone, wallet, credit cards, etc. in pockets if not placed in clear bag,
- Binoculars and/or cameras,
- One large clear bag per person,
- Either a one-gallon Ziploc style bag, or commercially purchased clear bag – plus a small clutch for personal items. The larger clear bag must be made of clear PVC vinyl and easily searchable,
- Clear seat cushions and seat pads without pockets, zippers, compartments, or covers, or
- An exception will be made for medically necessary coolers or ice chests after proper inspection.
For more information on security for the airshow visit their website for more.