SAN DIEGO (KGTV) -- San Diego County malls will begin reopening Saturday, starting with three popular malls.
Fashion Valley Mall, Carlsbad Premium Outlets, and Las Americas Premium Outlets will open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, according to parent company, Simon. The malls' current schedule will be from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
Westfield shopping centers also announced Thursday that they would begin reopening beginning Friday, May 29.
- Pacific Beach's El Prez shut down for violating health orders
- What to know: Changes at beaches, restaurants this Memorial Day weekend
According to a news release, the malls that will reopen Friday include Westfield UTC, Mission Valley, North County, and Plaza Bonita.
The malls will reopen with modified hours: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Westfield made clear that individual retail hours may vary.
“We are excited to welcome back guests and come together as a community again,” said Nino Rodriguez, VP of shopping center management.
“As we begin our initial recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, our centers will be equipped to provide healthy, clean and safe environment for our customers, retailers and employees. We are committed to ensuring the best experience possible as we prepare to open our doors again."
The company said it is implementing the following safety measures amid the coronavirus pandemic:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning measures following CDC and local health department guidelines, with a focus on high-touch areas such as restrooms, play areas, dining areas, and water fountains;
- Monitoring and controlling the number of guests entering the centers and crowds in dwell areas and queuing lines; and
- Implementing and enforcing relevant policies related to social distancing, face masks and other preventative measures