NewsLocal News

Actions

Teen hurt after firework explodes in his hand

Posted at 6:59 AM, Oct 01, 2020
and last updated 2020-10-01 09:59:38-04

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) – A teen suffered serious injuries after a firework he was holding exploded early Thursday morning.

ABC 10News learned the incident happened at around 2 a.m. in the 5500 block of Montezuma Road, near San Diego State University.

The 18-year-old male was apparently holding an M80 when it suddenly went off. The teen reportedly lost most of his fingers and suffered an injury to his foot.

The teen was taken to UC San Diego Medical Center for treatment. Details on his injuries were not immediately released.

No other injuries were reported in the incident.