NewsLocal NewsSouth Bay News


Chula Vista family displaced after electrical fire

Posted at 8:20 AM, Sep 18, 2020
and last updated 2020-09-18 11:20:20-04

CHULA VISTA (KGTV) -- A family and their pets forced out of their Chula Vista home after smoke started to fill the upper floor.

Fire crews responded to the home on Montcalm Street around 2 a.m.

Firefighters got there and looked for flames, but only found smoke in the attic due to a possible electrical issue.

The fire department rendered the home uninhabitable due to tearing apart the walls and ceilings to find the fire.

Everyone made it out safely, but an 87-year-old woman was treated with oxygen.