SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - The inclement weather conditions and potential for flooding in surrounding areas forced several San Diego County schools to cancel classes or dismiss early Thursday, while several districts announced they'd be closed Friday.
The San Diego County Office of Education said the following schools/districts will be dismissed early on Thursday due to the strong storm and flooding possibility:
-- Fallbrook Union High School District: Fallbrook High, Ivy High and Oasis High being dismissed at 12 p.m.
-- Mountain Empire Unified School District: All schools closing one hour early
-- Oceanside Unified School District: Santa Margarita Elementary and Stuart Mesa Elementary closing early; both schools are on Camp Pendleton grounds
Monte Vista High School will also be closed Friday, February 15 due to a water main break.
Several school districts will also be closed on February 15 due to the storms:
- Bonsall Unified School District
- Fallbrook Union Elementary School District
- Fallbrook Union High School District
- Julian Union High School District
- Julian Union School District
- Mountain Empire Unified School District
- Vallecitos School District