NewsLocal News


Fire breaks out inside San Diego shopping center

Posted at 7:14 AM, Jan 12, 2020
and last updated 2020-01-12 15:17:53-05

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) -- A fire broke out inside a shopping center in San Diego’s Talmadge neighborhood early Sunday morning.

Crews say the blaze broke out inside an alteration shop around 1 a.m. Sunday at the corner of El Cajon Boulevard and Menlo Avenue.

Owner Anne Chan says she was in shock after receiving a phone call hours after he store went up in flames. "My neighbor called me. I didn’t know what happened," says Chan.

RELATED: Man dies after fiery South Bay crash

Firefighters arrived on scene and quickly worked to extinguish the flames before they spread to nearby businesses.

Chan says she open AA Fashion four years ago. This is her second alteration business. She tells 10News she owned a store in another location for 20 years, then retired. After taking a few years off she opened this store.

"I came back to work because I love to sew."

According to San Diego Fire-Rescue, no one was inside the business at the time of the fire.

At this time, it’s unclear what may have sparked the blaze.