ALPINE, Calif. (KGTV) -- The community of Alpine is turning out to help victims of the West Fire whose homes were destroyed as the blaze tore through their community.
Several donation sites have been set up and will continue to operate throughout the week for families in need of basic essentials.
Where to Donate
Boulder Oaks Elementary School
Donations are currently being accepted at the Boulder Oaks Elementary School auditorium for victims of the fire. Volunteers will be accepting donations Monday until 7 p.m.
Some of the most needed items are blankets, clothes, new underwear, and basic household items such as utensils and paper plates.
The school is located at 2320 Tavern Road.
Keller Williams Realty
Keller Williams Realty is also accepting donations for fire victims for 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. throughout the week.
Some of the most needed items are towels, shovels, hoes, rakes, gloves, gift cards and storage bins.
The business is located at 1911 Alpine Boulevard.
Feeding San Diego
Feeding San Diego is sending an emergency shipment of fresh produce and other groceries to help families impacted by the West Fire.
Residents affected by the fire can pick up food at the First Baptist Church of Alpine Tuesday morning from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
The church is located at 1912 Arnold Way.
Resources for Alpine residents:
The Hotline number is (858) 495-5200 .
Recovery Overviews and General Resources
- 2-1-1 San Diego
- Recovery organizations, Services and Contact information
- County of San Diego Recovery Services
- CAL FIRE: Ready for Wildfire
Rebuilding and Permit Processing in the Unincorporated County
- Rebuilding: Commonly Asked Questions
- County of San Diego Building Division Agency Contact List
- Emergency Temporary Occupancy Permits for Fire Damaged Homes
- Permit Processing for Fire Damaged Homes – Onsite Sewage Disposal Systems
- Minimum Plot Plan Information
- 2016 Agriculture Fire Damage Agricultural Assessment Form
- Property Tax Disaster Relief Information
- Property Tax Disaster Relief Application
- Homeowners’ Guide for Flood, Debris, and Erosion Control after Fires
- Post-Fire Ash and Debris Cleanup Guidance
- Fact Sheet: Protecting Public Health from Home and Building Fire Ash (Safe Cleanup of Fire Ash) (PDF)
- Construction & Demolition Recycling Guide
- Construction & Demolition Recycling Facility Directory
- Landfill and Transfer Station Map
Public Health and Hazardous Waste
- What To Do After A Wildfire: Safety Tips
- Managing Propane Tanks and Cylinders In Areas Affected by Wildfire
- Household Hazardous Waste Information
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facilities
- More Environmental Health Information