Natural gas explosion reported at restaurant in Hollywood

LOS ANGELES (KGTV) -- A natural gas explosion at a restaurant in Hollywood caused parts of a building to be evacuated, according to ABC 7 in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles firefighters responded to the 1700 block of North Highland Avenue around 7:30 p.m.

Authorities said the explosion happened in a vacant restaurant on the first floor of a six-story-tall apartment building.

As a precaution, the floor above the restaurant was evacuated as gas to the building was shut off.

At least one person is being evaluated for an unknown injury.

 

Print this article Back to Top