SAN DIEGO (KGTV) -- The San Diego County Office of Education has expended the closure of some East County school districts through Wednesday as SDG&E shuts off power due to a Red Flag Warning.
According to the San Diego County Office of Education, at least eight schools and districts will be closed Wednesday.
See the list below for more:
- Valley Center-Pauma Unified School District
- Rancho Santa Fe School District
- Jamul-Dulzura School District
- Julian Union School District
- Julian Union High School District
- Spencer Valley School District
- Del Lago Academy - Campus of Applied Science in the Escondido Union High School District
- Solana Santa Fe School in the Solana Beach School District
Schools in the Warner Unified School District were also be closed Tuesday for a previously scheduled teacher work day, according to the office.
The announcement comes after SDG&E activated a public safety power shut off due to the Red Flag Warning.
East San Diego County has seen gusts up to 86 miles per hour, according to 10News Meteorologist Megan Parry.
A Red Flag Warning will remain in effect until 5 p.m. Wednesday for the coast to the mountains. The winds coupled with humidity levels in the single digits and near record low fuel moisture leave our region ripe for a fire.
A High Wind Warning is also in effect for the valleys and mountains through 5 p.m. with the peak winds arriving after sunrise through early this afternoon. Downed trees and power lines will be a major concern as well as hazardous driving conditions.
RELATED: 10News Pinpoint Weather