(KGTV) -- As part of the state’s continuing efforts to get more Californians vaccinated, Gov. Gavin Newsom on Monday announced another incentive in the form of “California Dream Vacations.”
In the latest incentive in the state’s Vax for the Win program, the governor and state tourism officials unveiled six vacation packages that will be given away to vaccinated Californians:
- Discover the Best of Anaheim package for four: Trip to Anaheim, with two-night stays at three different resorts, two-day park-hopper tickets to the Disneyland Resort, dinner at the Anaheim White House and a $500 gift certificate to South Coast Plaza
- Greater Palm Springs Luxury package for two: A two-night stay at the Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage, an 80-minute spa treatment for two and daily breakfast for two at State Fare Bar & Kitchen
- Premium Los Angeles Experience for four: A three-night stay at the JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. Live, with two floor seats to a Lakers game, four tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood and visits to The Broad, the California Science Center and the Natural History Museum
- San Diego Beach Dream Vacation for four: A five-night stay at Catamaran Resort Hotel, surf lessons, a series of dining gift certificates and tickets to the Padres, San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego and Legoland
- San Diego Downtown Dream Vacation for four: A five-night stay at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, four tickets to the San Diego Symphony, dining certificates, passes to the USS Midway Museum, a harbor tour, Padres tickets and visits to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park and SeaWorld
- San Francisco “Our Gate Is Open” Welcome Package for four: A five-night stay at the Hotel Nikko San Francisco, four San Francisco City Passes providing tickets to various attractions, dining packages at four luxury eateries such as Jaranita and Wilder, and four tickets to a Giants baseball game
While the participating theme parks and hotels are providing activities for free, the state will pitch in $2,000 to cover the cost of travel.
Newsom said, “From California’s coastlines to our theme parks to our breath-taking national forests, our state’s diverse terrain and unique communities make us the envy of the world when it comes to tourism. As we move forward to a post-pandemic life, our tourism sector is expected to come roaring back -- making us, once again, a global leader in hospitality and leisure.”
Winners for the California Dream Vacations will be randomly selected on July 1.
Two Vax for the Win prize drawings on June 4 and 11 have resulted in 30 vaccinated Californians each receiving $50,000. The state has also been handing out $50 grocery gift cards to residents who receive a first dose of vaccine.
On June 15, when the state fully reopens, 10 vaccinated Californians will each get $1.5 million in another incentive drawing.
According to Newsom, as of Monday, 72% of Californians have received at least one vaccine dose.
The announcement of the vacation packages incentive comes as the state’s hotel and tourism industry looks to rebound after losing so much since the start of the pandemic, including the cancellations of conventions and other events.
Officials say the tourism industry in the state has already lost about $145 billion and it will likely take about four years to catch up.
To help with the tourism recovery, Newsom proposed $95 million in aid that would help restore hundreds of thousands of industry jobs and support the state’s struggling tourism ports.