Thanksgiving is a great time of year to spend time with family and loved ones, but for some people, that isn’t an option.
That’s where Friendsgiving comes in! As most figure out over time, hosting a Thanksgiving celebration can be stressful and time-consuming.
Below are some tips to help you plan a happy Friendsgiving:
- Bring on the snacks – That turkey takes a long time to cook, so have a friend bring some snacks for everyone to munch on throughout the afternoon.
- Make it a potluck – It can be overwhelming to bear the burden of doing all the cooking. A simple solution is to offer to make the turkey and have friends bring the rest.
- Stay organized – Make a list and have friends sign up for what they want to bring.
- Don’t forget the music – Without music, those awkward silences can be really awkward, so put a trusted friend in charge of the playlist.
- Dust off those board games – So what’s next? Dinner was great but now everyone is sleepy. Instead of turning on the TV, break out the board games! This is sure to keep everyone entertained post-turkey.
- Provide alcohol-free beverages – If you’re planning to host underage guests, be sure to provide non-alcoholic beverages. Read more on the San Diego County social host ordinances here.
Need more tips? We’ve got you covered! | The Ultimate Dessert | Which restaurants will be open on Thanksgiving | When will stores open on Black Friday? | Tips for cooking an inexpensive Thanksgiving dinner