SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - Glasses up, San Diego. It's time to celebrate one of the region's most important industries.
From Nov. 3 to 12, San Diego Beer Week will celebrate the region's ever-popular beer scene and culture throughout the county with ten days worth of events on tap.
For those thinking the week is just another round of beer events, consider the impact beer has on San Diego. According to the San Diego Brewer's Guild, the region is home to more than 130 craft breweries. That industry generated an estimated $851 million in 2015 and employed 4,512 workers, according to the San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation.
So, yeah, it's a pretty big deal.
The week kicks off at Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier with the 15th Annual Guild Fest, featuring more than 60 of the region's breweries.
Excited? You're not alone. Here's a look at some of the events happening across the county for San Diego Beer Week.
Friday, Nov. 3
- VIP Brewer Takeover (part of Guild Festival) at Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier
- Societe Brewing's Feral Friday at Societe Brewing Company
- SDBW New Zealand IPA Tapping at Mission Brewery
- Farm to Fermenter at Duck Foot Brewing Company
- Caught in a Rip Triple IPA release at Rip Current Brewing Company
- SDBW IPA release and Keep the Pint Night at Intergalactic Brewing Company
- Surfin' Bird collaboration release at Pizza Port Brewing Company
Saturday, Nov. 4
- San Diego Brewers Guild Festival at Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier
- 5th Annual Bikes, Brews, and Brats at Green Flash Brewing Co.
- Yoga + Beer: SDBW Edition at Eppig Brewing
- IPA Day - SDBW 2017 at Council Brewing
- Learn to Homebrew Day at Home Brewing Co.
- Lost Abbey's Barrel Night at The Lost Abbey
Sunday, Nov. 5
- Stone DRK Festival at Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens
- Sour Sunday at Pure Project Brewing
- Firestone Walker 21st Anniversary release at Barrel Republic
- A Night Out with Urge starting at Urge American Gastropub
- Good Scout of the Year honoring Mike Hess at Mike Hess Brewing
Monday, Nov. 5
- Karl Strauss Barrel-Aged Beer Night at Karl Strauss Main Brewery
- Days of Darkness at Pure Project Brewing
- SDBW Brewery and Magic Factory Tours at Council Brewing
- SDBW Food and Beer Pairing at the Brewers Tap Room
- Seize. Sip. Serenade. at Second Chance Beer Company
- Nomad Macaron Pairing at Duck Foot Brewing Company
Tuesday, Nov. 7
- VGS Donut and Beer Pairing at Legacy Brewing Company
- Societe Gives Back: Pints for Prostates at Societe Brewing Company
- App Flights at Abnormal at Abnormal Beer Company
- The Full Table tasting at Benchmark Brewing Company
- Pizza Port IPA Night with Beer Cheese Specialties at Pizza Port Brewing
Wednesday, Nov. 8
- San Diego Beer Week's 9th Annual Fling at Morley Field Disc Golf Course
- Intergalactic Vintage Beer Night at Intergalactic Brewing Company
- Barrel-Aged Beer Release at North Park Brewing Company
- SDBW Meet the Brewer + Two Collab Beer Releases at Eppig Brewing
- Alesmith Rare Beer TT and 3-Course Prix Fixe at Sublime Ale House
- Cake and Beer Global Anniversary Celebration at Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens
- San Diego Blind IPA Battle (featuring DJ Artform) at Urge American Gastropub
Thursday, Nov. 9
- SDBW Wild/Sour Beer Day at Council Brewing Company
- Limbo Lager Beer Release at Circle 9 Brewing
- Educational Barrel-Aged Tasting at Second Chance Beer Company
- Our 1st Barrel-Aged Bottle Release at Bay City Brewing Co.
- Sushi, Sake, and Beer Dinner at Duck Foot Brewing Company
Friday, Nov. 10
- Green Flash's 15th Anniversary Bash at Green Flash Brewing Co.
- SDBW Mashup at TapRoom
- SDBW Friday Cask Tapping at Mission Brewery
- Garlic Shack X Karl Strauss Dinner at Garlic Shack
- 7th Annual Sour and Rare Beer Night at Pizza Port Brewing Co.
- BYOBIB: Beer and Seafood Boil at Coronado Brewing Company
Saturday, Nov. 11
- Collabopalooza at The Observatory in North Park
- Beer Geek Tour at Epicurean San Diego
- Escondido Tamale Festival in Escondido
- 4th Anniversary Party at Booze Brothers Brewing Co.
- Rip Current Brewing Barrel-Aged Beer Blast at Rip Current Brewing Company
- Cravory Cookies and Stout at Circle 9 Brewing
- White Labs for Labs at White Labs
Sunday, Nov. 12
- The Beer Garden at The Lodge at Torrey Pines
- Kick the Keg at Abnormal Beer Company
- Fermented Pairings Series Vol. 21: SDBW Hangover Brunch at White Labs
- Newtopia Cyder Tap Takeover at North Park Beer Co.
- SDBW Beer Garden Day #2 at TapRoom
Check out San Diego Beer Week's website for even more pairings, special taps, competitions, and more.