(KGTV) — If you're looking for one of America's best burritos, you're in the right place according to one food publication.
San Diego is home to seven of the 50 best burritos in the U.S., according to a new list from The Daily Meal . And the options include more than your traditional carne asada burrito.
Some local favorites made the list, including Lucha Libre, Lolita's, and Nico's, the latter of which ranked as San Diego's highest.
CRAZY BURRITOS: Unique burritos you definitely have to try
But some, perhaps, lesser-known gems also took the spotlight, including La Perla Cocina Mexicana and Ortiz's Taco Shop.
Here's how San Diego ranked:
- #47: Carne asada burrito at Taco Surf (4657 Mission Blvd.)
- #34: Carne asada burrito at La Perla Cocina Mexicana (745 Emerald St.)
- #27: Surf & Turf burrito at Lucha Libre Taco Shop (1810 W Washington St.)
- #24: Tsunami burrito at Lolita's (413 Telegraph Canyon Rd.)
- #21: Lobster burrito at El Zarape (4642 Park Blvd.)
- #8: California burrito at Ortiz’s Taco Shop (3704 Voltaire St.)
- #5: Carne asada burrito at Nico's Mexican Food (4918 Newport Ave.)
However, if you're a die-hard Southern Californian, you may find a fault in the list.
San Francisco took the top spot with a carnitas burrito at La Taquería. San Fran also ranked with a total of six burritos on the list.
Los Angeles, which many may assume would dominate the offerings alongside San Diego, only ranked with four burritos on The Daily Meal's picks.