SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — With nearly all New Year's Eve celebrations canceled this year, the San Diego Symphony will host a virtual event to help ring in 2021 at home.
The symphony's hour-long concert will be hosted on Thursday at 7 p.m. and requires a minimum $25 donation to enjoy online.
Viewers will enjoy music by Johannes Brahms, Duke Ellington, J. Strauss Jr. and Sr., plus a special performance of George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue," featuring young piano star Ray Ushikubo, led by music director Rafael Payare.
The musical lineup will include:
- Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue (arr. Cliff Colnot) (feat. Ray Ushikubo, piano)
- Brahms - Selected Hungarian Dances (arr. Peter Stangel)
- Ellington - "Sophisticated Lady" (arr. Morton Gould)
- J. Strauss, Sr. - Radetzky March (arr. Peter Stangel)
- J. Strauss, Jr. - Emperor Waltz (arr. Schoenberg)
The concert will be available for registered viewers to access for one week after the event. To purchase access, visit the concert's page here.