SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — Fishing and hunting are never too far away in San Diego County, with reservoirs open year-round for family fun.
San Diego County's nine reservoirs offer jogging paths, lakeside fishing, water sports, recreational space for picnics, and more for the family. The city's website offers anglers a look at what to expect in the waters, interactive maps of the area, information on required permits, and employment opportunities.
If you're not familiar with our reservoirs, residents have options no matter where they are in the county:
- Barrett Reservoir - 19886 Japatul Lyons Valley Rd., Jamul
- El Capitan Reservoir - 16850 El Monte Rd., Lakeside
- Hodges Reservoir - 20175 Lake Dr., Escondido
- Miramar Reservoir - 10710 Scripps Lake Dr., San Diego
- Murray Reservoir - 5540 Kiowa Dr., La Mesa
- Lower Otay Reservoir - 1500 Wueste Rd., Chula Vista
- Upper Otay Reservoir - 12161 Otay Lakes Rd., Chula Vista
- San Vicente Reservoir - 12387 Moreno Ave., Lakeside
- Sutherland Reservoir - 22850 Sutherland Dam Rd., Ramona
Reservoirs are also open to hosting events, like fishing tournaments, team-building activities, weddings, or other events. An application to host an event can be found online here.
"With year-round access to affordable activities in San Diego areas, City reservoirs offer wonderful settings for outdoor activities and fun in the sun," Bryan Norris, Reservoir Lakes Program Manager, said.