SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — While the holidays move into San Diego County, several local attractions and theme parks are working to make the season safe and bright.
This year, holiday celebrations are being adjusted to allow for a safe experience for families and visitors at theme parks like LEGOLAND, SeaWorld, and San Diego Zoo. While photos with Santa may be distanced, taking in decorations and the delicious foods of the season is still possible.
Several events require tickets to be purchased ahead of time, but other events can be enjoyed without a ticket to get in, though other costs may come in to play with holiday shopping and dining:
(NOTE: ATTRACTIONS MAY BE CLOSED FOR A PORTION OF DECEMBER DUE TO CALIFORNIA'S NEW REGIONAL STAY-AT-HOME ORDER.)
- Jungle Bells at the San Diego Zoo (Ticket reservations required): Check out "Jungle Bells" at San Diego Zoo from Dec. 4-6, 11-23, 25-31, and Jan. 1-3, 2021. The park will celebrate with a "celebration of light" experience toog tree, music by the Tinseltones and Jingle Singers, decorations around the park and its exhibits. More information.
- SeaWorld San Diego Christmas Celebration (Ticket reservations required): The holidays kick off at SeaWorld through Jan. 4, 2021, with Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa celebrations at the park. The park will celebrate with a sea-themed 25-foot tree, menorah lighting, and kinara lighting for the holidays. The park is also bringing back the Sesame Street Christmas Village, and offering safe photos and cookies with Santa and other fun activities. More information.
- Holidays LEGOLAND California (Ticket reservations required): Legoland's holiday fun runs Nov. 20 through Jan. 10, with cheer around every turn. Santa and toy soldiers will spread fun throughout the park with distanced character meet and greets, select live music, safe LEGO building activities, and Fun Town will decorate a 30-foot Lego Christmas tree with more than 400 Lego ornaments. More information.
- Winter Wonderland Belmont Park: Belmont Park is hosting wintertime fun every Saturday and Sunday in December with a holiday toy drive, distanced photos with Santa, 15-foot holiday-themed sculptures, holiday movies and dinner by the beach, gift shopping, and pet adoption events. More information.
- Seas 'N' Greetings at Birch Aquarium (Ticket reservations required): From Nov. 28 to Dec. 31, Birch Aquarium is bringing holiday fun to the coast with Seas ‘n’ Greetings. Visitors can enjoy an 18-foot-tall inflatable octopus, check out a rescued Loggerhead Sea Turtle, and visit an outdoor Tide Pool Plaza with juvenile Swell Sharks, Horn Sharks and Round Rays. More information.
- Dining and shopping at expanded Downtown Disney: While Disneyland and California Adventure is closed, Downtown Disney has expanded into Buena Vista Street inside California Adventure to offer spaced out dining and shopping. Visitors can reserve a spot at their favorite restaurant and enjoy shopping in the district during the holidays. More information.