SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — San Diego's Broadway Pier will host special holiday performances and art installations starting Thanksgiving Week.
The North Embarcadero will welcome the seasonal spirit with oversize sculptural words spelling "JOY" that list up at night, snowflake graphics along the pier, and a series of pop-up shows by local groups from Dec. 1 to 15.
The "JOY" installation will remain on the pier until early January 2020.
- 10 special holiday events coming to San Diego
- San Diego holiday tree lightings to catch this season
- Turkey trots, holiday runs in San Diego this season
- Skate away on one of San Diego's outdoor ice rinks this holiday season
“The Port of San Diego is proud to sponsor these pop-up performances and the ‘JOY’ installation on Broadway Pier,” said Garry Bonelli, Chairman of the Board of Port Commissioners. “These artistic performances and the ‘JOY’ installation will welcome everyone to Broadway Pier, activate the waterfront and celebrate the holiday season.”
Visitors can enjoy performances by:
- Culture Shock Dance Troupe: A non-profit group that displays innovative performances and dances focusing on the power and beauty of hip-hop and break dancing.
- SACRA/PROFANA: A local choral program that brings its own take to holiday music with vibrant performances and collaborations.
- transcenDANCE: Youth arts project that will perform graceful choreography in dancing and theatrical shows.