SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — The magic of the circus is making its way across San Diego this fall.
Fern Street Circus is bringing their amazing, colorful acts to local community centers and parks this October with free shows.
While the dazzling skills of performers are the obvious draw, the circus' true feat of strength is the social change created through its performances, which are put on by professional circus performers and participants of the group's after-school programs.
"Fern Street Circus aims to create social change, neighborhood by neighborhood," the group's website reads. "Circus tradition transcends barriers between people of varying cultures and languages, combining physical and theatrical skills, merging the magnificent and the lowbrow, and is uniquely suited to be the medium of social exchange and social good."
Performers' talents will be on full display at their shows as they interact with audiences and give kids a creative environment to interact and learn.
UPCOMING SHOWS :
- Sept. 29: Julian Branch Library, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Oct. 5: North Park Recreation Center, 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Oct. 6: Teralta Park, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Oct. 7: Teralta Park, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Oct. 13: Golden Hill Recreation Center, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Oct. 14: Azalea Park, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Oct. 20: Park de la Cruz/Cherokee Point Park, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Oct. 21: Gompers Park, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Oct. 27: Officer Jeremy Henwood Memorial Park, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Oct. 28: Colina Del Sol Park, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.