SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — A number of hit Broadway shows will make their way to San Diego's stage this year.
Broadway San Diego announced its lineup of shows coming to the San Diego Civic Theater for the 2019-2020 season and there's a lot for theater goers to get excited to see.
Among the list, Broadway's "Anastasia," "Jesus Christ Superstar," Frozen," "Mean Girls," and "RENT" will be featured in the upcoming season — making this season as close locals can get to Broadway hits without actually flying across the country.
“The 2019-2020 season is just what our San Diego audiences have been asking for,” Vanessa Davis, general manager of Broadway San Diego, said in a release. “Six of our seven-show subscription are all currently playing on Broadway. This is as close to the Great White Way they can get without taking a flight."
Seven-show season packages start at $289 and can be purchased online on Broadway San Diego's website or by phone at 888-937-8995. Individual ticket sales for 2019-2020 shows have not been released yet.
Here's a full schedule of when the productions can be seen during the 2019-2020 season:
- Oct. 1-6, 2019: Anastasia
- Nov. 8-10, 2019: Blue Man Group
- Nov. 12-17, 2019: Jesus Christ Superstar
- Dec. 31, 2019 - Jan. 12, 2020: Dear Evan Hansen
- March 29, 2020 - April 12, 2020: Disney's Frozen
- May 8-10, 2020: RENT 20th Anniversary Tour
- June 9-14, 2020: Mean Girls
- June 23-28, 2020: Come From Away
- July 7-12, 2020: My Fair Lady
And if you've missed out on the current slate of Broadway hits at the Civic Theater, shows still running for the 2018-2019 season include Disney's Aladdin, CATS, and The Book of Mormon.