SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - If you're heading to San Diego International Comic-Con this year, today's been the day you've been waiting for - aside from the actual convention.
SDCC began releasing their panel schedule Thursday, announcing all the comic book and pop culture events happening inside and at locations around the convention hall this year.
And there are a lot.
To make things slightly easier, we've put together a list of panels covering something for every SDCC fan to begin planning for the four-day event:
(San Diego Comic-Con is releasing their schedule in waves this week. We will continue to update as soon as they confirm schedules.)
Wednesday (Preview Night)
4 p.m. - Teaching with Comics: An Interactive Workshop for Educators (Shiley Special Events Suite, San Diego Central Library)
• Peter Carlson (Green Dot Public Schools), Antero Garcia (Stanford University), and Susan Kirtley (Portland State University) will lead a hands-on workshop on how to integrate comics into classrooms, from K-12 to higher education. David Walker, of Power Man and Iron Fist; Samantha Diego, of Animo Western Charter Middle School; Rosie Knight, of Nerdist and Women Write About Comics; and Johnny Parker, of Neat-O-Comics, will share strategies and theories on teaching comics and with comics.
6 p.m. - Special Sneak Peek Screenings (Ballroom 20)
• Warner Bros. Television will screen an exclusive pilot of "Deception," video of upcoming shows "Krypton" and "Black Lightning," and a new episode of "Teen Titans Go!" as well as other "special surprises."
10 a.m. - 5th Annual Musical Anatomy of a Superhero (Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront)
• This panel offers a behind-the-scenes look at the music created for past and present superhero movies and TV shows, featuring unreleased music and clips. Composers on hand include Mark Isham (Cloak & Dagger), Marco Beltrami (Logan, The Wolverine), Brian Tyler (The Mummy, Power Rangers), David Russo (Gotham), and Ludwig Göransson (Black Panther; Death Wish.)
10:15 a.m. - Ghostbusters 101: A Ghostbusters Panel of Biblical Proportions! (Room 6DE)
• Ghostbusters co-creator Ivan Reitman will be on hand alongside the IDW Ghostbusters comic brain trust of Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, and Tom Waltz to discuss the long-running, critically acclaimed, and fan-adored Ghostbusters franchise - from the classic original movies to the long-running comic book history at IDW Publishing.
11 a.m. - Batman: The Animated Podcast Live (Neil Morgan Auditorium, San Diego Central Library)
• The voice of Batman himself, Kevin Conroy, and special guests will celebrate the 25th anniversary of the legendary cartoon "Batman: The Animated Series."
11:30 a.m. - 20th Century Fox (Hall H)
• 20th Century Fox has yet to reveal what fans can expect at their Hall H presentation, but expect something worthy of the oft-crowded hall.
11:45 a.m. - Call of Duty: WWII Nazi Zombies World Reveal (Room 6BCF)
• Fans of the popular "Call of Duty" video game series that have been waiting for more footage, gameplay, and details of the upcoming installment get a special look at the game from the team at Sledgehammer Games. Specifically, the fan-favorite feature that has players battling zombies.
12:45 p.m. - Spotlight on Jim Lee (Room 6DE)
• This panel hosts legendary comic book artist, writer, and publisher Jim Lee (Batman, Justice League, Suicide Squad, Superman Unchained) as he discusses his three-decade career in the industry, sketches live for the audience and provides tips of the trade.
1 p.m. - Marvel: Breaking into Comics the Marvel Way (Room 25ABC)
• Aspiring comic book artists and writers can talk with talent scout Rickey Purdin and guests about how to break into comics and get your foot in the door.
3 p.m. - Robert Kirkman: In Conversation (Room 6A)
• Robert Kirkman, the mind behind The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Outcast, discusses is work within comics, television, and film with fans.
3:15 p.m. - Netflix Films: Bright and Death Note (Hall H)
• In its first year at SDCC, Netflix is taking over Hall H with special looks at two new films. Actors Will Smith, Joel Edgerton, and director David Ayers will be on hand for a look at their film, "Bright," and cast and filmmakers for the upcoming film "Death Note" will debut footage of the project.
4:30 p.m. - R.L. Stine, creator of Goosebumps (Room 6DE)
• Author R.L. Stine is coming to Comic-Con for the first time to talk 25 years of Goosebumps, the popular and long-running children's book series.
4:45 p.m. - The Nerdist Panel with Chris Hardwick (Hall H)
• Chris Hardwick (Comedy Central's @midnight, AMC's Talking Dead) brings Nerdist to SDCC where he and the Nerdist team, along with some special guests, will nerd out.
5 p.m. - Legion screening and Q&A (Ballroom 20)
• Hot on the heels of FX's Legion series, the cast and crew of the breakout show discuss season one's journey and fans can expect going into season two.
7 p.m. - Adam West Celebration (Room 6DE)
• Fans are set to celebrate the life and work of actor Adam West. Director and writer Kevin Smith and guests will talk about the late actor's 50-year career, share personal anecdotes, and reveal video footage in honor of the "Bright Knight."
10 p.m. - Netflix Surprise Screening (Horton Grand Theatre)
• Netflix will screen an upcoming original movie before it even premieres. However, attendees will have to visit the Netflix booth at the convention to learn more.
10 a.m. - The Big Bang Theory (Hall H)
• The cast of the Big Bang Theory, producers, and writers will hold a discussion and special video presentation in celebration of the show's 10th anniversary. Cast members John Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Kevin Sussman, Mayim Bialik, and Kunal Nayyar are set to appear.
11 a.m. - Diversity in Comics (Room 9)
• A panel of comic experts dig into the shifting landscape of modern comics and changing diversity in the industry and storytelling.
11 a.m. - Image Comics: Excellence in Storytelling (Room 23ABC)
• Image Comics writers Nick Dragotta (East of West), Marjorie Liu (Monstress), Dustin Nguyen (Descender), Marc Bernardin (Genius), Amy Reeder (Rocket Girl), and Greg Hinkle (Black Cloud) will discuss their stories and the kinds of comic fans love to read.
11:15 a.m. - AMC's Fear the Walking Dead (Hall H)
• AMC's spinoff hit Fear the Walking Dead is bringing cast members Kim Dickens, Frank Dillane, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Mercedes Mason, Colman Domingo, and more to San Diego to discuss the show with producers and moderator Chris Hardwick.
12:15 p.m. - AMC's The Walking Dead (Hall H)
• The Walking Dead returns to Hall H with cast members Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Melissa McBride, Lennie James, Chandler Riggs, and more. Cast will discuss the shows past season with creator Robert Kirkman and producers and what's to come next season.
12:30 p.m. - Stan Lee & Friends: A Celebrity Tribute to the Comic Legend (Room 6DE)
• The man behind history's biggest comic book characters will be at SDCC once again, alongside Adam Savage, Max Anderson, and Felicia Day to premiere exclusive footage from their virtual reality project, Icons: Face to Face.
12: 30 p.m. - Marvel's Secret Empire (Room 5AB)
• Marvel's Secret Empire story arc took fans by storm, with twists and turns, double agents, and surprises along the way. Writers Mark Waid (Avengers), Humberto Ramos (Champions), and Matthew Rosenberg (Secret Warriors) will talk about the latest reveals as the arc leads to its blockbuster conclusion.
1:30 p.m. - HBO's Game of Thrones (Hall H)
• A special guest "from Westeros" will host the Game of Thrones panel as its latest season premieres on HBO. A massive lineup of panelists is set to appear, including Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth), Liam Cunningham (Ser Davos Seaworth), Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei), Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark), and Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark).
1:45 p.m. - DC's Dark Nights: Metal and Dark Matter (Room 6DE)
• After their highly acclaimed run on DC's Batman comic series, writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo talk about what fans can expect from their anticipated series Dark Nights: Metal.
2:45 p.m. - Showtime's Twin Peaks (Hall H)
• The cast and crew of Showtime's hit series Twin Peaks will be at SDCC to talk shop on the show.
3 p.m. - So You Want to be a Comic Book Retailer? (Room 25ABC)
• Ever want to own your own comic book shop? Veteran retailers answer questions and discuss the future of the industry with professionals and Free Comic Book Day founder Joe Field.
5:15 p.m. - FXX's Archer (Indigo Ballroom)
• The cast of the Emmy award-winning show Archer will be at Comic-Con (with a special guest) where they'll discuss bringing the animated series to life. Cast members H. Jon Benjamin, Aisha Tyler, CChris Parnell, Judy Greer and others are set to appear.
5:15 p.m. - Marvel's The Defenders (Hall H)
• The cast of the anticipating Netflix series Marvel's The Defenders is set for SDCC's Hall H. Charlie Cox (Daredevil/ Matt Murdock), Krysten Ritter (Jessica Jones), Mike Colter (Luke Cage), and Finn Jones (Iron Fist/Danny Rand) are scheduled to appear to discuss the show.
6: 45 p.m. - Sharknado 5! (Room 6DE)
• Tara Reid, Ian Ziering, Fabio, and more cast members discuss their roles in the next movie of the cult-hit Sharkando franchise.
10 a.m. - ABC's Once Upon a Time (Ballroom 20)
• Cast members and producers of the hit series Once Upon a Time join fans to discuss new additions to the show and what's in store for characters in the next season.
11:30 a.m. - Warner Bros. Pictures (Hall H)
• Stars and crew members of the upcoming Warner Bros. films Ready Player One, Blade Runner 2049, Justice League, and Aquaman will be on hand to discuss the highly-anticipated films and for autograph signings afterward.
12 p.m. - The Simpsons (Ballroom 20)
• The Simpsons cast celebrates the show as it enters its 29th season. Creator Matt Groening joins producers as they share secrets, surprises, and clips from the upcoming seaon.
1 p.m. - 100th Birthday Celebration of Jack Kirby panel (Room 24ABC)
• Fans will get a glimpse of more than 1,300 images of artwork by influential and legendary comic book creator Jack Kirby.
1 p.m. - Family Guy and American Dad! (Ballroom 20)
• The cast of Family Guy (Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Mike Henry, John Viener) and cast of American Dad! (Wendy Schaal, Scott Grimes, Rachael MacFarlane, and Dee Bradley Baker) join producers as they talk about the shows' hijinks, sneak peaks, and reveal a few surprises.
2 p.m. - Entertainment Weekly’s Women Who Kick Ass – Icon Edition with Charlize Theron (Hall H)
• Oscar-winning actress Charlize Theron will lead a panel on her upcoming movie Atomic Blonde and themes of strong female leads in cinema.
2:50 p.m. - Gotham special presentation and Q&A (Indigo Ballroom)
• The cast of Gotham will discuss season four of the hit show with a special video presentation and Q&A with fans.
3 p.m. - Stranger Things 2 (Hall H)
• The cast and creators of the breakout Netflix series Stranger Things will show never-before-seen footage and discuss the highly-anticipated new season.
4:15 p.m. - Westworld (Hall H)
• Comedian and musician Reggie Watts will moderate the Westworld panel, featuring creators and cast, including Ben Barnes (Logan), Ingrid Bolsø Berdal (Armistice), Ed Harris (Man in Black), Luke Hemsworth (Stubbs), Simon Quarterman (Lee Sizemore), Jimmi Simpson (William), Evan Rachel Wood (Dolores), and Jeffrey Wright (Bernard/Arnold).
5:50 p.m. - Arrow special presentation and Q&A (Ballroom 20)
• Arrow crew and cast members Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, Paul Blackthorne, Katie Cassidy, and producers will discuss the upcoming season the CW show.
5:30 p.m. - Marvel Studios (Hall H)
• Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and special guests discuss the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. While lips are being kept sealed on who is showing up, don't be surprised if you favorite Avengers star make an appearance.
7 p.m. - Comedy Central's Broad City (Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront)
• Series creators, writers, and stars Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer lead this panel into one of Comedy Central's breakout show. Fans will get a behind -the-scenes look at the show and its upcoming season.
8:30 p.m. - Comic-Con International Masquerade (Ballroom 20)
• SDCC's annual masquerade ball sets the stage for the show's cosplayers to come strut their stuff and show off their work at this convention-wide dance party. Trophies, cash prizes, and other awards will be given out to the top cosplayers.
• Fans won't want to miss the world premiere of Marvel Animation’s newest series, Marvel’s Spider-Man.
10:30 a.m. - Supernatural (Hall H)
• Fans will get to hear the series stars of Supernatural discuss the show's upcoming season and answer questions from fans.
11:45 a.m. - The Last Ship Q&A (Hall H)
• Cast members Eric Dane, Adam Baldwin, Bridget Regan, and showrunner Steven Kane join fans for a thrilling look at the last season of TNT's The Last Ship and the show's course as it enters its fourth season.
12:30 p.m. - Women of Marvel (Room 6DE)
• Marvel content development director Sana Amanat, producer Judy Stephens, and some special guests discuss the subject of women in comics both on the pages and in the industry - and what that all means for the future of the industry.
1:00 p.m. - Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency: BBC America Official Panel (Hall H)
• Moderated by director Kevin Smith, stars Elijah Wood, Samuel Barnett, Hannah Marks, Jade Eshete, and others will discuss BBC's hit series Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, the cult following the show has gained, and its upcoming season.
2:00 p.m. - BBC's Doctor Who (Hall H)
• Fans will see stars Peter Capaldi, Pearl Mackie, Matt Lucas, Michelle Gomez, and writer and actor Mark Gatiss, and showrunner Steven Moffat talk about the critically acclaimed series, share exclusive sneak peeks into the show's upcoming Christmas special, and take a look back at their time on the show.
For more information on panels featured across SDCC's four days, check out their complete list online. Stay on top of everything Comic-Con on our 10News Comic-Con page.
Mark Saunders is a KGTV digital producer. Follow him on Twitter at @MarkCSaun.