SAN DIEGO (KGTV)--With 40,000 concert-goers expected to attend Sunday night's Metallica WorldWired Tour concert at Petco Park, the Metropolitan Transit System planned to schedule extra service to accommodate transit users.
- Blue and Orange lines: Trains will depart every 15 minutes throughout the day
- Green line: Trains will depart every 15 minutes between Qualcomm Stadium and downtown San Diego. At 3:49 p.m., service will increase to every seven-minutes. Increased frequency will continue until crowds diminish after the concert.
Final trains: The concert is expected to end at 11:15 p.m.
- Green line (Gaslamp Quarter station to Santee): 12:15 a.m.
- Blue line (12th & Imperial station to San Ysidro): 12:15 a.m.
- Orange line (12th & Imperial to El Cajon): 12:03 p.m.
MTS also recommends you park and ride at the following locations:
- Qualcomm Stadium: 5,000 free parking spots
- Old Town Transit Center: 412 free parking spots
- Palm Avenue Station: 499 free parking spots
- Spring Street Transit Center: 324 free parking spots
Bus routes from San Diego State (Rapid 215) and Escondido (Rapid 235) into downtown will also be departing stations every 15 minutes for most of the day.