5 p.m. update
San Diego police have declared unlawful assembly. Those who remain in the area can face a misdemeanor offense.
4:30 p.m. update
San Diego police confirmed at least three people have been arrested. 10News crews have seen several fights break out in front of the convention center.
4 p.m. update
San Diego police confirmed via Twitter at least one person has been arrested. According to San Diego police,
"several protestors tried to breech a secured area."
2 p.m. update
San Diego Police Lieutenant Scott Wahl said no arrests have been made as of 2 p.m. Friday. The number of protesters remains at approximately 1,000 people.
San Diego Fire-Rescue Captain Joe Amador says there have been three medical aid responses. One person was transported.
It is unclear when Harbor Drive will re-open to traffic.
12 p.m. update
San Diego Police Chief Shelley Zimmerman said as of noon Friday, there are approximately 1,000 protesters throughout the city.
So far, there have been no arrests.
"The whole goal is to provide a safe environment for everyone," Chief Zimmerman said.
Some questioned the constitutionality of the free speech zones, where protesters and supporters are separated in front of the convention center.
"Public safety is a shared responsibility. There is a balancing act," Chief Zimmerman responded.
San Diego Fire-Rescue Assistant Chief Colin Stowell said there were two minor incidents, including a rubbish fire and reports of a suspicious package.
The suspicious package turned out to pose no risk.
Harbor Drive is shut down between First and Park for the safety of pedestrians.
Refresh this page for updates.