SAN DIEGO (KGTV) -- San Diego Police are searching for two men believed to be involved in a robbery at San Diego State University Monday night.
The robbery happened at 6:42 p.m. near the intersection of Lindeo Paseo and College Avenue. At this point it is unclear if the victim was a student or a community member.
The victim told police they were pushed by one of the suspects while walking on the sidewalk. That same suspect then took their cell phone. Both men were last seen walking southbound on College Avenue.
The victim described the suspects as follows:
- The first suspect is described as a black, adult man standing at about 6’ 2” He is thin and was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with black jogging pants.
- The second suspect is described as a black, adult man standing at about 5’ 7” He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and gray jogging pants.
- Add the University Police Department to your contacts (619-594-1991) and contact immediately if you see anything suspicious.
- Attempt to walk on well-lit streets and avoid isolated areas, alleys, vacant lots, and construction sites.
- When possible, avoid flashing personal belongings, such as cell phones, while walking at night.
Visit https://police.sdsu.edu to learn more about the University Police Department’s free safety training programs.