SAN DIEGO (CNS) - Voters who have completed their mail ballots for the Nov. 8 general election can drop them off at libraries and a few other places around San Diego County beginning today, the San Diego County Registrar of Voters Office says.
The drop-off sites will be available during their normal business hours.
County elections officials have been encouraging voters to sign-up for mail ballots and return them early because there are so many items to vote on. A two-card ballot is being used for the first time in San Diego County.
Because of the size of the ballot, postage costs 67 cents to mail them back.
"More than 60 percent of county voters use mail ballots and that number continues to rise,'' said Registrar Michael Vu. "It's convenient for the voter, it helps with the timely return of mail ballots and decreases the high
volume of voters dropping off mail ballots at polling places on Election Day.''
The library locations are in:
- San Diego, North Park Library, 3795 31st St.
- San Diego, Pacific Beach Library, 4275 Cass St.
- San Diego, Scripps Miramar Ranch Library, 10301 Scripps Lake Drive
- San Diego, Valencia Park/Malcolm X Library, 5148 Market St.
- Carlsbad, 1775 Dove Lane
- Chula Vista, Civic Center Library, 365 F St.
- Chula Vista, Otay Ranch Library, 2015 Birch Road
- Coronado, 640 Orange Ave.
- El Cajon, 201 E. Douglas Ave.
- Encinitas, 540 Cornish Drive
- Escondido, 239 S. Kalmia St.
- Fallbrook, 124 S. Mission Road
- 4S Ranch, 10433 Reserve Drive
- Imperial Beach, 847 Encina Ave.
- La Mesa, 8074 Allison Ave.
- Poway, 13137 Poway Road
- Ramona, 1275 Main St.
- Santee, 9225 Carlton Hills Blvd.
- San Marcos, 2 Civic Center Drive
- Solana Beach, 157 Stevens Ave.
- Spring Valley, 836 Kempton St.
- Vista, 700 Eucalyptus Ave.
Ballots can also be dropped off at the Carlsbad Alga Norte Community Park, 6565 Alicante Road; Oceanside Civic Center, 300 N. Coast Highway; and the Registrar of Voters Office, 5600 Overland Ave. in San Diego.
The registrar's office is also open for early voting from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The last day to request a mail ballot from the registrar is Tuesday. The deadline is 5 p.m.